Wednesday 26 March 2008

Dave Gorman's Book Launch. In Galway.

Dave Gorman is one of my favourite comedians. His is an intelligent and insightful brand of humour that is becoming all too rare nowadays. It is a happy occurence then that he shall soon be in my town of residence, namely Galway. His reason for doing so? To launch his new book, America Unchained: A Freewheeling Roadtrip In Search of Non-Corporate USA.

Whilst the book will be available from the 3rd April, Dave shall be in the Róisín Dubh on Sunday 27th April for an official launch shindig. His appearance comes as part of this year's impressive Cúirt programme. Literature and comedy enthusiasts take note, it shall all commence at 4pm and tickets are a trifling €8. Acquire them here.

I'm really rather looking forward to this. The documentary of the same title was very interesting indeed:


6 comments:

Ronan said...

yaaay!! April 27th.. my birthday! I do love mr. googlewhack :)

slurkid57 said...

I wasn't to impressed by the film version of America Unchained. It lacked direction, and I don't just mean their inability to point the car East and drive. (boom boom!)

Seriously though, some of their detours were just too fake, especially the characters they just happen to bump into.

At least it featured someone getting violently sick. Always a plus in my book.

Ronana Banana said...

ah shut up and stop ruining my birthday!

slurkid57 said...

Oh shit, sorry. Happy birthday, btw.

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Ronana Banana said...

shut up you too barb michelen ruining my birthday! Why I otta!!!!