Thursday 27 September 2007

Repo! The Genetic Opera!



Erm... Yes.

Paris Hilton is set to star in a musical about organ failure in the future. It shall be called Repo! The Genetic Opera! and it shall come to a screen near you in April 2008. The plot, according to the press release:

"Set in the not-so-distant future, the production tells the story of an epidemic of organ failures that devastates the planet, killing tens of millions. As scientists feverishly make plans for a massive organ harvest program, a multi-billion dollar biotech company called GeneCo begins to manufacture salvation — for a price — offering simple payment plans to those lacking the necessary funds to purchase new body parts outright. But all financed organs are subject to default procedures, including repossession at the hand of the notorious organ repo men."

Like an autistic Moulin Rouge in the clutches of a savage night terror.

This can only be awful... Right? Or maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps the director is a visionary auteur aiming to claim the horror musical as his own? Perhaps this is a man with the foresight of a pre-Star Wars IV George Lucas?

The director is Darren Lynn Bousman, the director of Saw II and Saw III.

Awful it is then.

6 comments:

gimme a minute said...

Sounds like an attempted grasping of the 'so good it's bad' dollar.

No such thing. 'Showgirls'? It's just fucking bad. 'Battlefield Earth'? 'Swept Away'?

You see where I'm going here...

nialler9 said...

sounds amazing.

a true visionary that saw lad.

'ere seen as you were asking about changes to your site. is there any way you can turn off the comments popup? i think it feels disconnected from the post and i don't like it i tell you.

slurkid57 said...

Fucking class!

I have this mental image of a jaundiced Paris Hilton, strapped to a cold metal table, in a filthy back-room surgery, and being butchered - without anesthetic - by some second-year dropout from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College, who's got a bad dose of the shakes and all hopped up on goofballs.

John Cav said...

Gimme: I certainly do see where you are going here. However, so-bad-they-are-good movies do exist... Need proof? Watch AMERICAN NINJA (1985). Unbelievably horrible, but hilariously entertaining.

Nialler: I shall give the director one thing... This movie will amaze!

Turn off the comments pop up you say? I kind of likes it, but you're not the first to complain so I'll get my team of blog ninjas on it post haste.

Slurkid:

INT - BACK ROOM IN DISUSED LAB.

REPO MAN: And now I must sing!!! Of the pain you shall endure!! Of the spleen I shall procure!! Of my homicidally pungent allure!!

PARIS HILTON: Like, oh my God, ride me sideways and tape it.


Low, I know.

aoife mc said...

Can't wait for this. Like I can't wait for my spleen to explode while I'm on an airplane full of westlife fans.

slurkid57 said...

I laughed, I cried.